India is always famous for delicious dishes and especially the north Indian dishes are just awesome to taste. There are varieties of items which are prepared in different ways to make them tasty and mouthwatering. Once you are in North India then you can surely take the taste of butter paneer masala, chilli paneer, kadai paneer, matar paneer, palak paneer and more. Do you want to give a try to prepare these items at your home? Surely you can easily learn the recipes of these delicious north Indian dishes and can make any occasion just awesome and fabulous.
Today we are going to learn to make one of the special dishes that is Paneer Butter Masala. This dish is served in all leading restaurants in India and among all vegetarian food items this item is hot favorite. Let us now take a look at the Food recipe to prepare Paneer Butter Masala.
List of Ingredients :
When you take the call to make Paneer butter masala then you need to know the ingredients you will require to make this dish. Here we are taking ingredients for serving three persons.
- You need to have Paneer or cottage cheese evenly cut into cubes
- 2 onions of medium sized to be chopped finely
- Chopped ginger of 1 ½ teaspoon
- 3 to 4 pieces of garlic
- 3 tomatoes of medium size
- Soaked cashew nuts of 6 to 8 pieces
- Bay leaf one small piece,
- Green chilies of two pieces medium size
- ½ cup full fat milk
- Kasuri methi of 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala powder and coriander powder 1 teaspoon each
- Butter of 2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoon white oil
- Add salt to taste
Directions for preparation
Once you are ready with all the ingredients for preparation then start preparing it following the below guidelines:
- At first grind the onion, ginger and garlic and make smooth paste of the three
- Take the soaked cashews and grind them properly
- Now add two tablespoon of water with the cashew grind to make the paste smooth
- Take tomatoes and blend these tomatoes to make pure tomato puree
- Now take the non stick cookware and heat oil.
- Pour butter into heated oil and fry it in medium flame.
- Then add the onion paste and bay leaf to it and fry it till the onion paste becomes light brown.
- Now pour cashew nut paste, green chili and red chili powder in it and stir it for 2 minutes.
- Then take the tomato puree and cook it until you find that oil is getting separated from the puree.
- You need to cook it for 3 to 4 minutes and then add coriander powder and mix it properly.
- Now add milk and ½ cup water until you find that oil is coming on the surface.
- After cooking for 4 to 5 minutes, add the cubed paneer, kasuri methi and cook it until you get the desired gravy you want
- At last add fresh cream to it and mix it nicely
Well, the dish is now ready to serve. Take serving bowl and serve it with naan or paratha as you like.